Wednesday, 19 Aug 2026
  • My Feeds
  • My Saves
  • History
  • Blog
Subscribe
Ideko Africa Ideko Africa
  • Africa News
  • Unstoppable Africa
  • World News
  • African History
  • Our Fact check
  • Contact
Font ResizerAa
Ịdekọ AfricaỊdekọ Africa
  • Africa News
  • Unstoppable Africa
  • World News
Search
  • Africa News
  • Unstoppable Africa
  • World News
  • African History
  • Our Fact check
  • Contact
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Join Us
  • Privacy Policy
© 2025 Ideko Africa . All Rights Reserved.
Ịdekọ Africa > Blog > World News > White House Attacks CNN Reporter After Question About Trump Aide
World News

White House Attacks CNN Reporter After Question About Trump Aide

Ideko Africa
Last updated: August 18, 2026 11:12 am
Ideko Africa
Share
SHARE

White House Attacks CNN Reporter After Question About Trump Aide

The White House has launched a personal attack on CNN White House correspondent Kristen Holmes after she questioned President Donald Trump about comments concerning his relationship with a senior aide, Natalie Harp.

White House Attacks CNN Reporter After Question About Trump Aide

The confrontation occurred on Monday during an Oval Office event. Holmes asked Trump about remarks made by Democratic Senator Jon Ossoff, who had criticised the president and made a reference to Harp. Rather than directly addressing the question, Trump dismissed Ossoff’s comments and turned his criticism toward Holmes, calling her “fake news.”

The White House later escalated the dispute on social media, with its official rapid-response account targeting Holmes personally and referring to her children, saying they would be ashamed of her.

The attack drew a strong response from CNN, which defended Holmes and said her question was legitimate and part of the normal work of a White House correspondent. The network condemned the personal nature of the White House’s response and said such attacks undermine the role of a free press.

The confrontation continued later in the day when Holmes questioned Trump about his decision to scale back planned U.S.-South Korean military exercises and whether he had communicated with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Trump again became hostile toward the reporter, telling her to “be quiet” and describing her as disrespectful. He also dismissed questions from the media about conditions aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, a U.S. aircraft carrier that has been deployed for an extended period.

The exchanges have renewed debate over the Trump administration’s increasingly confrontational relationship with sections of the American news media.

The latest incident is also part of a wider pattern in which Trump and White House officials have publicly criticised female journalists whose reporting or questions challenge the administration. Earlier this month, the White House attacked another CNN correspondent, Clarissa Ward, over a social-media video.

Media organisations and press-freedom advocates have repeatedly warned that personal attacks by government officials can have consequences beyond individual journalists, particularly when they involve a powerful institution such as the White House.

CNN’s defence of Holmes comes amid an increasingly contentious relationship between the Trump administration and major U.S. news organisations. Trump has frequently accused media outlets of producing “fake news,” while his administration has sought to exert greater influence over the way journalists covering the presidency operate.

The dispute over Holmes therefore extends beyond a single question: it has become another flashpoint in the continuing argument over presidential accountability, media access and the limits of political attacks against journalists.

Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Nigeria Sack Super Falcons Coach After First World Cup Qualification Failure in 35 Years
Next Article Foreign holdings of US Treasuries fall as Japan, UK and China cut exposure
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

UK Plans Ban on Iranian Revolutionary Guard, Expands Measures Against Foreign-Linked Groups

By
Ideko Africa

Iran Warns Ships Against Using Alternative Routes in Strait of Hormuz

By
Ideko Africa

Oil Pollution: Shell Continued Operations Despite Internal Warnings, Leaked Documents Reveal

By
Ideko Africa

UK, Australia, Canada Launch $4m Peace Fund for Israel-Palestine Dialogue

By
Ideko Africa
Ideko Africa Ideko Africa
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

At ỊDEKỌ AFRICA, we are committed to capturing and amplifying Africa’s truth through bold journalism, podcasts, and dynamic branding. We tell stories with authenticity, integrity, and purpose—ensuring that Africa is seen, heard, and understood.

 
Top Categories
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Join Us
  • Privacy Policy
Usefull Links
  • My Feeds
  • My Saves
  • History
  • Blog

© IdekoAfrica Design By ChigoziemIbeh

Ịdekọ AfricaỊdekọ Africa
Follow US
@idekoafrica2025
Ideko Africa Ideko Africa
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?